Monday, June 8, 2009

The Books

Embarking on this journey I had to go back to the dream worlds that were created by these books. I thoroughly remembered the four books from The Twilight Saga because I had recently re-read all the books (it was only my second time reading them). I also remembered all fourteen Gossip Girl books I had previously read and I am still currently reading the spin-off, The It Girl (I have already read seven of them). I am disappointed in myself when it comes to the topic of Harry Potter. Yes, I have all the movies basically memorized, but I have only read a few of the seven books, but recently I have reread the first book and as soon as the madness of high school ends I will begin reading the entire series. I had forgotten how wonderfully magical the world was that J.K. Rowling had created. The last part of my project I knew little about – Jodi Picoult novels. I knew they were a craze and I felt that every girl in my grade was reading them, and even some guys. I had also discovered that a movie version of My Sister’s Keeper was coming out and there was a lot of buzz. The commercial alone for the movie almost brought me to tears, so I knew I had to read the book for myself. My Sister’s Keeper is now one of my favorite books I have ever read – it so beautiful and touching. It is an enjoyable read that touches on every human emotion. I also read The Pact, was also engaging, but not quite as good as MSK. I am currently reading 19 Minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment