I thought that in researching this topic it would be quite difficult to obtain valid sources, but I was relieved to see how many websites are devoted to the four series I am researching. Just in websites alone there are over 600 million sites. When one types in the word obsession, Twilight and Harry Potter consume the google pages. It felt like the world was backing me up, and I knew I was not “crazy” as some people were calling me for picking this topic. I call those people the “haters.” Others were very excited and took interest in the topic I was researching. They would begin telling me their personal experiences with the topic. As they discussed the books a glaze came over their eyes, they looked up at the ceiling and smiled as they discussed what they felt as they were reading. Of course, naturally many were ashamed how obsessed they were and asked me not to tell people what they had just told me. They are called “closet fanatics.” Other fans that called me their stories and were openly screaming how much they loved the books are referred to as “open fanatics.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment